AKAUSHI BEEF FAJITAS
juice of 1 large lime
(3) tablespoons of vegetable oil
(4) cloves garlic, peeled, minced
(1½) teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoon chili powder
(1) lb. La Fortaleza beef skirt steak or La Fortaleza beef tenderized flank steak
kosher salt & ground black pepper
(1) large yellow onion, peeled and cut into quarters
(3) bell peppers (choose different colors), stemmed, seeded, de-ribbed, cut into large pieces
- Combine marinade ingredients and coat the steak. Let it sit at room temperature for an hour or refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook your steak, use paper towels to pat dry any excess marinade on the meat and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook the steak on the grill or in a cast-iron pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Allow the steak to rest, tented with foil, for 10 minutes.
- Cook the vegetables until they have charred spots and are softened, approximately 5-6 minutes total.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and cut the vegetables into desired slices.